Success in Mongolia for Gauff Consultants: Alignment Study – Bogdkhan Railway Bypass Investment Program
An investment program has been developed for the railway bypass line in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia to improve the transport network.
GRE – Gauff Rail Engineering in Joint Venture with Intercontinental Consultants and Technocrats Pvt. Ltd (ICT) (Lead Partner) and Etude Services (ETU) successfully competed and were awarded the project funded by Asian Development Bank.
The commencement date of the project shall be 1st May 2017, with a duration of 16 weeks.
GRE will strengthen and serve the project team with its excellent competence in the fields of:
- Civil works, such as alignment, track works, etc.
- Structures, such as: viaduct, bridges, culverts, tunnels, etc.
The objectives of the study are as follows:
- Identification of a railway line alignment that bypasses the City of Ulaanbaatar.
- Finalisation of a reasonable degree of certainty the route that is optimum for passenger and freight traffic.
- Development a preliminary estimate of the capital expenditure that will be involved in constructing the project.
- Identification of restraints and obstacles along the route so as to avoid difficult terrain, ecologically sensitive areas and minimise tunnelling etc.
- Provide a basis to support ADB internal processes for assessment and approval.
Characteristics of the railway:
Lowest Radius: 1200 m
Gauge: 1520 mm
Rail Over Bridge (ROB) / Rail Under Bridge
Level Crossing, Pedestrian, Livestock and Wildlife Crossings
Viaducts and Bridges
Not electrified. Part of the scope is to recommend solution for electrification.
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Intercontinental Consultants and Technocrats Pvt. Ltd